"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, September 10, 2012

Greetings

Greetings!

Welcome to "Friends of Mary", a blog I created to help organize everything thing we may need help with in the coming weeks as Mary comes home from her luxurious and lengthy hospital stay ;)

I know I speak for both of us when I say, words alone cannot justify how grateful we are to have such amazing and caring people in our lives. It has been overwhelming trying to communicate with everyone who is reaching out to us! Asking for and accepting help is not something either of us does easily, we'd much rather be the ones helping, so we're going to give this a try.

Everyone has been asking how to help and here's your chance :) Below is a brief overview of ways to help. Click on the tabs above for more information.


VISITING
I hope that I don't offend anyone by creating "Visiting Hours" but for the time being, too many people for too long make Mary tired and make it difficult to fully recover as quick as possible. We all know Mary is a talker and an entertainer so no matter if you're just sitting there with her, she's going to want to talk to you and make sure you're comfortable in her home - but she needs to rest her throat and her body so it can heal! In light of that, please sign-up or let me (Erin) know when you plan on visiting so we can plan accordingly.


MEALS
The meals will be helpful to us but will depend on her diet, I don't want anyone to try and make a meal of solid foods for just me! For the time being, Mary will still be on a full liquid diet for about another week.


TO DO'S
It is going to kill Mary to have someone else clean her house, but it's one of the most helpful things to me! The Homestead has people that come around to cut the grass and either of us can step outside to water some plants but I think it'd be really nice if someone could bring over some live flowers to replace the ones that have been neglected in our absence.



I will make updates as needed so check back periodically and thank you so much in advance for your help!


No comments:

Post a Comment